- This event has passed.
SFB ACD advanceAEC network member symposium
May 23 | 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
SFB F77 “acd, Advanced Computational Design“
Our SFB “acd, Advanced Computational Design” aims to advance design tools and processes through multi- and interdisciplinary basic research consisting of 8 scientific sub-projects in three areas: Design Methodology, Visual and Haptic Design Interaction, and Form Finding. We connect architecture, computer science, mathematics and engineering in order to develop advanced computational design tools able to incorporate implicit and explicit design knowledge. Our SFB is a collaboration between the Center for Geometry and Computational Design at TU Wien, the University of Innsbruck, and TU Graz, funded by the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) as SFB F77.
In this AAEC member symposium we will present an overview of our project, and discuss our recent work and ideas for future research.
- 16:00 Introduction
Michael Wimmer, Project Coordinator
- 16:15 Integrating AEC domain knowledge– Synthesis 2.0
Peter Ferschin, Institute of Architectural Sciences –Digital Architecture and
Planning, TU Wien
- 16:30 Computational Immediacy
Stefan Rutzinger, i.sd / Department of Design,University of Innsbruck
- 16:40 Lighting Simulation for Architectural Design
Michael Wimmer, Institute of Visual Computing and Human-Centered
Technology, TU Wien
- 16:50 Large-Scale Haptic Feedback in Virtual Reality
Hannes Kaufmann, Inst. of Visual Computing and Human-Centered
Technology, TU Wien
- 17:00 short break
- 17:10 Higher Order Paneling of Architectural Freeform Surfaces
Martin Kilian, Institute of Discrete Mathematics and Geometry, TU Wien
- 17:20 Flexible Quad-Surfaces for Transformable Design
Ivan Izmestiev, Institute of Discrete Mathematics and Geometry, TU Wien
- 17:30 Linking Mechanics to Form-Finding of Plant-Based Bio-Composite Structures
Josef Füssl, Institute for Mechanics of Materials and Structures, TU Wien
- 17:40 Material- and Structurally Informed Freeform Structures
Milena Stavric, Institute of Architecture and Media, TU Graz
- 17:50 Q&A
- 18:00 End
Meeting ID: 936 5788 0943
We are looking forward to welcoming you.