At the Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg (BTU), the following position is available in the Faculty of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Urban Planning at the Chair of Hybrid Structures – Structural Concrete in Cottbus as soon as possible:
Academic staff member (m/f/d) (qualification position)
temporary for 4 years, full-time, E 13 TV-L,
Reference number: 111/22
The BTU is a young, ambitious university and the only technical university in the state of Brandenburg. With more than 1,500 employees, the BTU is one of the largest employers in Lusatia.
The Chair of Hybrid Structures – Structural Concrete focuses teaching and research in the field of hybrid structures in which different materials, elements, functions and technologies are combined on different levels of construction in a resource- and energy-efficient way. Information can be found on www.b-tu.de/fg-hybride-konstruktionen-massivbau/.
These are your responsibilities:
- Participation in the fulfilment of teaching tasks at the chair for the courses in civil and structural engineering as well as other thematically related courses. Teaching of specialized knowledge, practical skills and instruction in the application of scientific methods.
- Preparation, execution and follow-up/evaluation of exercises and practical courses
- Assistance in the preparation of lectures and seminars as well as other teaching-related administrative tasks
- Preparation and maintenance of teaching materials and assignment collections
- Preparation, execution and evaluation of oral and written examinations
- Participation in the supervision of student research projects and theses
- Scientific work within the framework of the research foci of the chair
- In particular, participation in the preparation and implementation of externally funded projects, e.g. in cooperation with the Research and Material Testing Laboratory (FMPA) and industrial partners
- Preparation of publications, contributions for reports and presentations
- Own in-depth scientific work in preparation for a doctorate or for additional scientific achievements amounting to at least one third of the respective working hours
- Other research-related administrative tasks
You have successfully completed a scientific university degree within the context of the TV-L pay scale (accredited Master’s degree / university diploma / equivalent) in a field relevant to the position (civil engineering or comparable).
Profound knowledge in the areas of structural engineering, hybrid structures, lightweight construction, structural concrete and/or structural dynamics, as well as practical experience in engineering/planning firms or the construction industry are advantageous.
You have the ability to work scientifically, independently, and flexibly. You possess good communication skills. At the same time, you are a team player and have very good written and spoken language skills in German and English.
For further information about the position, please contact Prof. Dr.-Ing. Achim Bleicher (e-mail: achim.bleicher(at)b-tu.de; phone +49 (0)355 69-2471).
A young and dynamic team, a creative working environment, close contact with the Research and Material Testing Laboratory (FMPA), intensive supervision and support during your induction and access to international networks. The BTU offers you excellent conditions for your scientific qualification and research. Our scientists benefit from flexible working hours, the possibility of mobile working and active health management. In addition, there are many advantages of Cottbus-Senftenberg as a science location, which is particularly interesting due to its interdisciplinarity, such as favourable transport connections to Berlin or Dresden and attractive and inexpensive housing options in the Lusatian Lakeland.
If you want to play an active role in shaping change in Lusatia, become part of the BTU family. We look forward to getting to know you.
The BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg is committed to equal opportunities and diversity and strives for a balanced gender ratio in all employee groups. Persons with a severe disability as well as persons of equal status will be given priority in the case of equal suitability.
The BTU strives to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and thereforestrongly encourages qualified female applicants to apply.
Application photos are not required.
Please note the more detailed information on the selection procedure on the BTU Cottbus- Senftenberg website.
Please send your application documents in a PDF document, stating the reference number,
exclusively by e-mail by 28.11.2022 to the Dean of the Faculty of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Urban Planning, Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-
Senftenberg, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.